Feature Story Responses

Resorting back to my previous post, the person I interviewed, Shaneika Lopez answered these questions accordingly: 

1. What event in your life made you come to the realization that you wanted to start having a better diet?
- "Ever since I was in elementary, my mother always told me that I needed to lose weight so that I could look like the other girls in my grade. With that, I decided that when I was old enough and could cook for myself, I would eat better foods in order to lose weight and tone up."

2. What is your version of a healthy diet?
-"My version of a healthy diet consists of no red meats, as much veggies and fruits as possible, and as little processed foods as possible. I cook as often as possible so that I do not go out and get fast-food. This eliminates many foods that I try not to eat on the daily basis."

3. Do you ever get the urge to cave and eat unhealthy foods?
- "Of course, who doesn't? It's hard when you really want those Oreos and a milkshake, and I'm not saying I don't cave in sometimes, but I try to fight that urge most of the time."
4. What steps did you take to change the way you eat?
- "I started grocery shopping mostly in the produce section and the seafood. I stopped picking up every snack that I wanted. I made sure that I would shop for meals, and not just for snacks, which made my life easier when I wanted to meal prep. I looked up recipes that were healthy and affordable because I'm not the best chef and I don't want to break the bank, but I like experimenting in the kitchen."
5. What motivates you to stay healthy?
- "The amount of energy I have versus the amount of energy I had when I was eating anything that looked appetizing to me. Healthy eating has made me so much more productive; I feel great and I look great."

6. What tips can you give for people that say healthy eating is more expensive than going out to eat or eating processed foods?
- "Although you may be spending more at the grocery store, think about how much you spend on a daily basis going out to eat. It probably equates to around the same amount. Stop picking up snacks every day at the store and do a weekly shopping trip that will last you a week or two. This way you don't have to continue to go out to eat and can pick a snack out of your pantry on the way to school or work. Also, budget yourself when you go to the store and always make a list!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contents Page Inspiration

Introduction